Possibly the most ignored and underrated factor of overall health and well-being is sleep.
Research has shown that sleep quantity and quality directly influence almost every component of health. Sleep deficiency has been directly linked to dysfunction of nearly every body system, and recent research suggests it has a negative influence on healthy lifestyle behaviors as well, specifically proper nutrition and exercise. Proper sleep hygiene as well as adequate quality and quantity of sleep are important for optimum health. Setting up a daily regimen of essential oil use, along with some key supplements, can go a long way toward helping you get the rest your body needs for lifelong health and vitality. One way you can incorporate essential oils into your bedtime routine is by diffusing your favorite calming oils and blends just before bed. Below are doTERRA Science articles focused on the health benefits and medical implications of a good night’s sleep.
- Circadian Rhythms and Weight Management
- Long-Term Stimulant Use and Sleep
- Sleep and Cognitive Ability
- Sleep and Sugar Intake
- Sleep Cycle and Life Expectancy
- Sleep Deprivation and Dehydration
- Sleep Deprivation and Junk Food
- Sleep Deprivation and Weight Management
- Sleep for your Heart’s Sake!
- Sleep Patterns and Homeostatic Hunger Mechanisms
- The Necessity of Sleep
- Waking Up with Light