Essential oils can be an invaluable addition to your 72-hour kit.
The versatile uses, highly effective properties, and long shelf-life make each bottle a vital resource during emergency situations
1. Oregano: Contains immune-enhancing and antioxidant properties.* Tip: Take several drops in an empty veggie cap to boost the immune system. Mix with water and gargle to soothe an irritated throat.
2. Peppermint: Alleviates upset stomach and promotes clear breathing.* Tip: Apply to neck and forehead with Lavender to calm feelings of tension.
3. Lemon: Powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and cleans surfaces. Tip: A few drops of Lemon will improve the taste and quality of your water supply.
4. Lavender: Calms emotions during times of stress; soothes irritated skin and lips. Tip: Apply a drop to a bug bite to help ease minor itchiness and discomfort.
6. Melaleuca: Contains potent cleansing properties for external and internal uses. Tip: Apply 1–2 drops to cleanse affected area on the skin.
7. Purify Cleansing Blend: Eradicates unpleasant odors and make an effective cleaning agent. Tip: Mix a few drops with water in a spray bottle and spritz to counteract bad air quality or protect from harmful elements in the air.
8. Frankincense: Promotes cellular health.* Tip: Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule.
11. Clove Promotes blood circulation, benefits cardiovascular health, and helps ward off free radicals.* Tip: Apply one drop to soothe teeth or gums.
13. doTERRA On Guard® Protective Blend: Strengthens immune function, protects against elements that can weaken the immune system.* Tip: Take softgels for an ultimate immunity defense; dilute with witch hazel and Lemon to clean hands, doorknobs, and other community surfaces.
15. doTERRA On Guard Toothpaste Samples: Takes care of your oral health.
16. doTERRA® Fractionated Coconut Oil: has an indefinite shelf life and does not require refrigeration. It can also be used to calm sensitive skin reactions to essential oils by applying directly to the affected area.
18. Slim & Sassy Shake: Delivers essential nutrients /protein sources.
20. Other suggested items: Freeze-dried fruit, vegetables, and nuts. Flashlight, battery-powered radio, and cell phone charger, matches, First Aid items, rope, whistle. I added chocolate power bars, for the first 72 hours of hunger.
This is courrently in my go bag and first aid kits for my lifeguards.