If you’ve never tried making hot chocolate with coconut milk, now is the time. Coconut milk takes hot chocolate to the next level by making it the creamiest lactose-free drink you will ever have the pleasure of tasting.
1 cup coconut milk
2–3 scoops of unsweetened cocoa powder or your favorite cocoa mix.
1–2 toothpicks Cinnamon Bark oil
2–3 tablespoons of sugar or agave
Coconut Whipped Cream
1 13-ounce can of coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar or agave (optional)
- Start the whipped cream by refrigerating the can of coconut milk overnight. Open can and put the thick chunks in a bowl. Set aside the remaining milky liquid substance for making hot chocolate.
- Add optional sweetener to the coconut cream chunks. Using a hand mixer, beat until you get a light, whipped texture. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, put the remaining liquid coconut milk from the can, or coconut milk from a carton. Warm to the desired temperature. If you use milk from the can it will be a more creamy hot chocolate.
- Once warm add in cocoa powder and sweetener.
- Dip a toothpick in the Cinnamon Bark bottle and swirl in the mixture.
- Place a dollop of fresh coconut whipped cream onto your hot cocoa, and enjoy!
Tip: Freeze the whipped cream into silicone heart-shaped molds.Hannalie Le Grange I like adding On Guard for a chocolate chai flavor ❤️❤️❤️
Crystal Reynolds Just a tip – for whipped coconut cream the can of coconut milk cannot be light and it can’t have guar gum as an ingredient.
Christina Garcia-Carreras, One of my fav ways to make it! Half coconut milk, half almond milk. Vanilla and honey 😋
Linda Newell, I use powdered organic coconut milk so I can add the mixture to my coffee. Stevia is also a good sweetener. A healthier mocha!
Jennifer Anderson, So good! Our all-time favorite is Nib More hot chocolate made with coconut milk. Add a drop of peppermint essential oil. It’s amazing!