Known as a popular cooking spice, Oregano also acts as a powerful cleansing agent, and offers powerful antioxidants*—extending its uses far beyond the kitchen.
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional practices. The primary chemical components of Oregano is carvacrol, a phenol that possesses antioxidant properties when ingested. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with a carrier oil when applied to the skin. One drop taken internally each day can help maintain a healthy immune function; Oregano can be taken more frequently as needed to further support the immune system.* In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano also supports healthy digestion and respiratory function when taken internally.* Oregano’s aroma acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends.
- Take one drop in a veggie cap or 4 fl. oz of liquid daily to maintain healthy immune function.*
- Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function.*
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
- Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to the desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Supports a healthy immune system, healthy digestion, and respiratory function when used internally*
- Offers powerful antioxidants when ingested*
Herbaceous, sharp, green, camphoraceous